Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Big news today...I got my intern placement. Not really sure what to think of it yet. Devon and I requested to be at the same school.....and we got our wish. We requested East Lansing.....we got Leslie. I requested 1st grade, she rquested 4th. I got 4th, she got 2nd. Hmm.....

I am so excited that we are together. Expecially now that we have a little drive to get there. It's not the kind of school, or grade that I origanally wanted, but I think it is going to turn out really good. I read my teacher's bio and we seem to have a lot in common. 4th grade though.....what do I do with them? My first thought was (being a science minor in education) that I will have to teach sex ed. Yikes! At least I'll know what I'm talking about by then. :)

It's such a load off to know my placement. Nothing like waiting to hear what the whole next year is going to be like.

Now I am excited to meet my teacher and see what she is like.

2 comments:

Melissa Kranzo said...

I had sex ed in my classroom while student teaching but I wasn't allowed to teach it - only teachers with special training were allowed. So you're probably off the hook. It might be interesting to observe though!

Kirsten Joy said...

Fourth grade should be alot of fun. Hey and I am sure that Mrs H. has a lot of info for you if you want it. Since she taught us in fourth grade. :)