Tuesday, August 24, 2004

sad days

I just watched the 11 o'clock news. Sad. It is amazing how lives are changed in a second. Makes me appreciate those in my life and that I should not take them for granted. Lysh and Robbie had a lot of people in their lives that loved them.

I hung out at Melissa's house most of the day. I tried to keep busy so I didn't have time to think. I am so glad I have my sister in my life.

I had dinner with Melissa and Kyle, Jen and Eric, and Chaz. It was just what I needed. A simple quiet meal with people who care. It was comforting to sit around the table with them.

I am exhausted, I should try to get some sleep now. My car is broken so I have to get up early and go pick up Chaz to drive him to work so I can use his car tomorrow.

Talking to Melissa-"It would be so much easier if we didn't have any cars!"
Melissa responded-"No, it would be so much easier if we all have good cars."

So true.

2 comments:

devon said...

Hey Nicole... I have been feeling the same way. I didn't know her or Robbie very well.. but I still feel so sad inside. I feel like crying when I think about their young families they left behind. I will see you tonight....

Anonymous said...

i didnt know Alysha to well but i have heard great things about her. Robbie was such an awesome kid. i never thought something like this would ever happen to anyone i knew. but shit its been happening all month...this is all so effin screwed up...just pray for the ones in the hospital

-x-Chelsey-x-