Just add four kids and mix.....Tonight at church someone referred to me and Chaz as the instant family because we had the four Heikki kids in tow.
This is my second night with the kids. Things have been going pretty good. They are good kids. They play well with each other, they listen, and they are just plan cool. Emma is an awesome big sister and a huge help. It is a lot of work to have four kids...you are amazing Grace.
Today we went to the folk festival. We headed out with some friends, and then bumped into some more people that we knew. We stopped at a stage near a water fountain and listened to the band play. The adults enjoyed the music, the kids enjoyed the fountain. There were random water spouts that shot up from the ground and the kids were trying to jump over the small hole before the water could get them....they didn't make it everytime....it was great.
We then headed to another stage at a big field. We found a nice shady spot and camped out there for a while. The kids played in a big sand box--also called a volleyball court, and Chaz and Chey went to get everyone slurpees from 7-11. Beat the price of the festival food. The banana slurpees were the best.
This evening we headed to church. I haven't been to a Saturday night service in a couple of months. It was nice. After the service the kids made paper airplanes. I tried to make one too but mine wouldn't fly, and theirs flew really well.
I am beat and I am going to head to bed.....wait, last night I had a dream that I was walking to heaven with Noel and Grace. We just had to follow this path and we knew it would lead to a golden chair. We would just sit in the chair and then float up to heaven....strange isn't it.
Okay, now I am going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment