Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Here comes the ice cream man...

Monday I was watching Lila and Eva Granroth. We had a fun day hanging out with Suzanne and Jaden. We hung around the house, had lunch togther, and took a walk. Later in the afternoon Chaz stopped by to say hi. A few minutes after he arrived the neighbor kids came over and asked him if he could move his car so they could play hoops. So he moved his car into the street in front of Suzanne's house.

A few minutes later we here the ice cream truck....and Lila lets us know with a cute smile that she heres it too. Chaz is a softy and askes her if she wants ice cream....the answer is a big yes...so they head outside to get some.

After a few minutes I wondered what was taking so long so I stepped outside to investigate. Lila was awiting patiently on the grass and Chaz was talking to the lady driving the truck. As I got closer to the street the kids playing hoop start yelling...."She hit his car! She blamed us! She did it!" I was confused at first, then looked at Chaz's car and realized what they were talking about. The ice cream truck had hit his car and left a huge dent.

Chaz got all the info and the truck left. Lila started crying because she never got her ice cream and didn't understand why the truck was driving away. Suzanne explained that we don't like that ice cream truck because it hurt Chaz's car....but we gave her some ice cream from inside. If she is afraid of ice cream trucks now we know why.....poor kid.

The car is going to get fixed with no charge to Chaz. Now I keep hearing ice cream trucks every where I go.....Scary.

Later in the evening Suzanne and I went with Noel to get his eyebrow pierced. It was neat to watch someone else get one done.

2 comments:

Noel Heikkinen said...

Those neighbor kids confuss me too.

Nicole said...

Gess I'll never poste without speill cheker agin!