Thursday, July 01, 2004

Books

I love reading books. Novels in particular. It is such a great "get away" for my mind. Currently I am reading "The Covenant," by Beverly Lewis. Not a hard read-but a good read. It is about the life of an Amish family. This really interests me.

Why do the Amish live they way they do? They live with certain things that God did not create..yet this is not wrong to them? And why do some of them make a living off the tourists? I'm going to investigate online now.

This may sound dumb, but I finally have learned how to make different paragraphs in my posts.....yeah, yeah...I'm not very internet/computer literate.

1 comment:

Melissa Kranzo said...

What did you find out? I am really interested in Amish too - can you become Amish if you aren't born Amish? How many people actually stay Amish if they are born that way?

Maybe we should become Amish for a day, I bet we could find out some stuff!