Walking down the streets of Providence Friday night I felt like I was in a movie. There was music playing all along the river, the landscaping is beautiful-as is the architecture, and the river is on fire. This event is called Waterfire. It was probably the most enjoyable city experience I have had. There are floating bowls of wood in the river that runs through the middle of Providence. Gondolas come along and light these big bowls until the river is full of fire bowls. The night was slightly cool, but heat radiates from the river and warms the city. While waiting for the fires to be lit we sat and listened to a band called Ryanhood. They were pretty good. Two young guys on guitars. They sound kinda Dunkin Sheekish. Of course maybe I liked them because one guy was like a Caucasian version of Chaz. We also saw a jazz stage, a mime, and a mermaid. Yes-a mermaid. Some chick was dressed as a mermaid and just sat on a rock. People gave her money for that! One dog almost attacked her tail. Now I would have paid money for that. The atmosphere in the city was very nice and entertaining. It made the city so beautiful and inviting. It put our city of Lansing to shame. Here is a link in case anyone wants to see pictures from the event (sorry-not pictures I have taken.)
http://www.waterfire.org/
2 comments:
i really like your blog nicole. i have a blog too, but nothing is on it. every time i go to do something with it, this child of mine decides to get in the way.
i'm going to give it another try today.i miss you. i feel lost without you or melissa here. you guys have to promise never to both leave me at the same time again. i'm tempted to say something silly like "jaden misses you too", but i think you'll see through my attempt to emotionally manipulate you into feeling guilty for leaving him...but he is crying right now, so he just might feel the loss. speaking of feeling the loss...lyla came up to me yesterday at church and asked if she could spend some time with me before i went home. i tried to fill the "nicole void" with her as best i could, but i failed miserably. just thought i would throw some more quilt your way. :)
Thanks for the guilt....you have Melissa back now. Enjoy her while I am all alone here. I am going through baby withdrawl. I'm gonna have to get my fix in with your kid when I come back for the wedding.
Post a Comment