Saturday, June 26, 2004

Philodendrons are poisonous to cats

It is 11:35pm and I am tired. I want to go to bed, but I have to stay up and monitor the cat. He might have eaten a poisonous plant. We came home and found a broken vine and a chewed leaf from the plant. We don't know if it was the cat or the dog. The cat seems fine though-I mean, maybe it will make him throw up but it's not gonna kill him..I don't think.

So Kirsten and Stephanie were here this week and they left this morning. We kept very busy and had some fun.
Day 1-We went to Newport RI and attempted to do the cliff walks. (A path along the ocean on some cliffs that are behind some mansions.) But it rained so we stopped walking. We then shopped in the cute little town and had lunch at an Irish Pub. I ordered a Cherry coke, Kirsten ordered a coke, and then Stephanie asked, "Do you have coke or Pepsi products?" The waitress answered, "I believe it's neither." How can you not have coke or Pepsi....she must have been confused because she brought me a coke after saying they didn't have coke.

Day 2-We went to Napatree beach and got too much sun. Then we came home and spent the evening on the boat swimming and riding the seadoo....my favorite thing.

Day 3-We had plans to meet one of Stephanie's friends in Mass where he goes to seminary. We drove 2 hours north to Gordon Conwell. We ate lunch in the caf. with him and some friends. We then went to Boston. We had a fairly large group-many have never been to Boston. We parked on the outskits and took the T in. This was some people's first time on the subway..and boy did it show. I really dislike looking like a tourist. They all wanted to do really touisty stuff...but I wanted to go into the downtown. After walking around Harvard for a while with absolutely no plan and no one willing to decide. I told them I was splitting off with Kirsten and we would meet somewhere for dinner. Kirsten and I headed for downtown where we shopped and visited Boston Common. We then all met up at Quincy Market for dinner. It was a great time. I love the city most when it is evening (around 6-7ish and the sun is setting and the streets are getting busy.) We left after dinner and arrived at my parents house three traffic jams later.

Well the cat just jumped into my lap...I am sure he is fine so I am going to bed.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

I think they are similar, but I haven't been to NYC that much. Boston has more history I think.