Wednesday, June 16, 2004

From the mouth of a five year old

I have started watching 2 boys a couple days a week. Their names are Austin (7) and Hayden (5). One day I took them to McDonalds for dinner. One the way home Chaz called and I talked to him or a minute, then told him I would call him back later. Hayden had something interesting to say at this point.

Hayden: "Talking to a friend?"
Nicole: "That was my Fiance"
H: "OOHH..So When did you fall in love."
N: (I laugh) At this point I am trying to concentrate on the road because I am not familiar with the area, so I am not talking to Hayden, but he continues to chatter on in the backseat.
H: "Because I do know what fiance means. That means your in love. I also know what gay and sexy means. Gay can either be a sad or happy thing and sexy is another kind of love. Hey..that was our road."
N: (Luckily I missed the road and that changed the subject so I did not have to tackle the issue of gay and sexy with a 5 year old.)

Boy, kids are growing up so quickly these days.

No comments: