Wednesday, June 16, 2004
Turtle
I saw a turtle crossing the road. It was strange. Usually you see squirrels darting the traffic, and occasional rabbit, and maybe even a deer, but a turtle? He couldn't really dodge the traffic either. His little head was sticking up looking around as he slowly took each step. I drove around him as all the other cars I saw did too. I should have stopped and picked him up....but I was afraid he would bite me. I am curious and I want to drive and see if he made it. But I won't, in case he didn't. I would rather not know, and just tell myself that he did, than see a smashed turtle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I wish I was with you! We would have stopped together and picked it up.
I keep seeing smashed turtles on the road during my runs. There are two dead on Willoughby.
Post a Comment