Monday, September 01, 2008

We just got home from a weekend at family camp on Lake Huron with Chaz's family. We slept in rustic cabins, it was cold at night, hot during the day, there were bugs, and we were always dirty, but it was one of the best times I have had with my family. Everyone had a good time, even the dog. (she finally got the nerve to swim for the first time)

I am sitting her trying to think how to explain why it was so good, but I am having trouble. I guess it was because we had nothing else to do but hang out with each other. Our phones were dead and we had no charger. No one could call and we rarely knew what time it was. I am a bit sad that we took no pictures.

Today the kids are a bit grumpy because they are so worn out, and the house is a mess because we are unpacking.

I am already looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

ShannaKay said...

sounds like a fun trip :) nothing to think about, only enjoying that moment at that time.

Kirsten Joy said...

Just think only a few days till you are kid FREE!!!!!