Monday, September 05, 2005

Just arrived home from the wake. That made it real.

I can't even think of any words to describe it. I'm standing there and looking at this man that I knew, yet it doesn't look like him. People say he looks like he is sleeping, but it doesn't. He looks empty. He is, which is cool. His body is there, but his spirit is not. My mom said it makes it real that our bodies and souls are two different things. She is right.

It is great to be here with my whole family. I got to see 2 of my cousins today that I have not seen in years. The situation sucks, but we still have great parties.

To add to all of it....today is my Memere's birthday. You try to find a birthday card to give to someone on of the day their husbands funeral.

No comments: