So far many of the great things on this vacation have involved food.
We took a tour of Ben and Jerry's ice cream factory and we got free samples.....Cherry Garcia and some strawberry cheesecake kind. Cheesecake kind was much better.
We took a tour of a winery and taseted many great wines. I usually don't like wine and I found a couple that I really liked. The best one was an ice wine. So great.....I would drink lots of it if it weren't so expensive. The guy there told us about a farmers market that has so many free samples of cheese and bread and other stuff that you could make a meal out of it. We all got pretty excited about it. We are going to go tomorrow.
We went to Montreal today. Nice city. French city. Very much like being in France. We ate some good food today. A nice lunch at a little resturant that was kind of outside.....pretty. After that we sampled some italian iced gel (like ice cream but better) and got some cones. I choose coconut....yum. It was really cool to be so close to the US, yet be in a place that has french as the language. Lots of things were only in French. I learned some words today. Nord, Sud, Est, Quest (North South East West).
We also are cooking really good meals here at the cabin. Of course-I am not cooking. I'm not much of a chef.
What can I say...we all like food.
We are also playing lots of cards....cribbage and euchre. There is a euchre compitition going on. I am in third place. Hoping to step up to first tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment