Monday, July 05, 2004

Fireworks

I watched the fireworks from a boat tonight. It was a nice and different experience. The fireworks were launched right off the shore of the lake my parents live on. There were hundreds of boats just anchored in the water. It looked like a parking lot. There were also fireworks going off everywhere...in people's backyard (facing the lake). Some where really good for not being a professional show.

The rest of the day was pretty good too. Perfect weather and a day spent boating and sea-doing. We had so many people on the boat that the boat actually began to tip a lot and the front went under water...too much weight in the front.

I did miss hanging out with Heikkinen clan though. The last couple of years I have watched the fireworks with them. Usually Chaz is out of town on the fourth of July and they take me in..and this year I am gone....next year we will be out of town together :)

No comments: