Tuesday, July 27, 2004

The days after LT

LT is over...and it is sad. I had a great time. I miss my girls. Talking to Devon today she said something that made me think. She said she missed being at LT and then said, "What is real life? Is being at LT surrounded by a huge support system real, or is being here at home real? Becasue if being here at home (Lansing) is real then it really sucks!" I had to agree. It is so much easier to live in the big Christian support system at LT.....but that is not real....real is the lives we have at home where it is not always so easy. Luckly we do have a great support system of friends.

Now I am in Myrtle Beach with the Heikkinens. They are on vacation this week and I am hanging with them until I fly to RI tomorrow. It was significantly cheaper to fly on Tuesday then during the weekend (because of the Democratic Convention in Boston).

It has been fun hanging out with them. We have just been relaxing and going to the beach. Yesterday we took the kids to an amusment park. Noel and I rode a rollarcoaster. It was very fast, but the most rickity thing I have ever been on. I felt like my brain was being shaken inside my head. We had breakfast for dinner yesterday and Noel cooked for us all. I decided I needed toast and so I made a peice.....then everyone decided they needed a peice and so I made that. Noel said toast was addicting and that he didn't make any because he didn't want to man the toaster all night.....I should have thought about that before I decided that I needed toast. Advice for everyone....If you are making toast..make an extra peice because someone will want it. ( this was actually funny at the time.)

Today we went to the beach at a state park. I rode some great waves with a body boared. The beach is great...except for the sand. Grace and I made up the perfect beach. There is the ocean surrounded by sand. Then there is a fresh water stream flowing between the sand and a grassy area. That way feet can be washed off before coming to the towels. There would also be pools, showers, bathrooms, and consession stands.....what else could the beach need? Maybe small huts with air conditioning.

Tomorrow I fly back to RI. Back to the cold weather. I will miss Myrtle Beach.

It feels good to blog after so long.

1 comment:

Melissa Kranzo said...

"What is real life?"

Dan, Kyle, Suzanne, and I were talking about this our last day at LT. We DO have this huge support system at home - small group, Riverview, the meaningful conversations, the meaningful relationships.

That's the only thing that makes Lansing not suck. That and the incredible sunsets made possible by the lack of hills.