Monday, January 21, 2008

I have just lately gotten into craigslist..... I wish I had known about it sooner. You can find alot of stuff on there. With our big move coming up we decided to sell some things using craigslist. One item was a black entertainment center. It is not in very good condition and it is missing one of the doors. I just want to get rid of it.....we asked $5.

Someone was interested.....here are our emails back and forth....(I am in red)


How would I fit into a car?

would you be selling any tvs that are 27"?

I also need a dresser, nightstand, and a bed frame incl. headboard for a full size mattress that I have that's just sitting on the floor

Please send me the pics of stuff you are selling and asking price.

Hi-

We moved the entertainment center in a van.

We are selling 2 TV's. One is 19in for $25 The other is 27in for $50. A VCR for $20 and a DVD player for $25

We have a small TV stand that you could have for free (couldn't hold the 27" tv) it is wobbly.

what is the 27" tv sitting on now from the pic? will you sell that?

Is the 27" TV working well and how long have you had it? does it come with remotel control?
Are you willing to negotiate the price of the TV?

Will you drive the van to downtown lansing to deliver it to me? If so, I will take the enterntainment center. Is it one piece or do I have to assemble it?

The TV works fine, we have had it for about 2 years...but we got it from someone else, not sure how long they had it. No remote with it. You can get a universal remote and it would work. The lowest we would go on the TV is 45.

Right now it is sitting on a dresser that we are no selling.

No, we wont drive to deliver because we do not have the van (it was a friends that moved out of state.)

Since you dont know the history of the TV, I'm scared it might break down and i have to buy a remote.

so how can i pick up the corner stand?
I can offer 35 for TV and corner stand.

no thanks

Can i still pick up the corner entertainment center?
I can offer 35 for TV and the $5 you asked for the entertainment center.

(no reply from me)

I found a TV for $25 so I would just need the corner entertainment center you are selling for $5
You said it was in a van, so how can I pick up?

Okay.

It is at our house. You can pick it up whenever you want, just make sure you have a vehicle big enough to fit it.

so I guess it wont fit into a regular size car?

no

Would there be any way you have a vehicle that can fit the stand into, since a regular sized car won't be able to fit this?

No, I am sorry but I can not deliver this.

then how would I pick it up?

I have no idea...if you can't pick it up then just don't get it.

Thankfully there have been no more emails.....

It's $5!!!!!! Not really worth all this effort.

4 comments:

Kirsten Joy said...

At least it is done and over with!!!

Eric Henry said...

freaking hilarious!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaha

I'm glad you posted it on here, I'm laughing again

Alaina said...

can we say greedy?