Does it ever get any easier?.....the whole being a mom thing?
I'm guessing no.
My child is only 15 months, but it seems she has hit the terrible twos. She hits, pushes, and the other day she bit another child. Am I doing something wrong? Other parents tell me this is normal-a stage kids go through. Some say she is frustrated because she can't communicate her feelings yet, others say she knows there is a change coming. I feel better about it when talking with other moms that have been through this, but parents who have children that did not go through this look at me as if I encourage my child to misbehave. Today I was at the Library and Lily was being very feisty.....it broke my heart to see the looks some parents gave my child. I left half way through story time because I couldn't take it.
She is a good kid but sometimes I am so afraid to take her around other children.
It also made me sad that I probably used to give kids like Lily that same look. Don't ever say "I won't let my kid ever do that." Instead try to be understanding.
1 comment:
you're not a bad mom at all. Barend bit, hit, and pushed. Still does occasionally. Just encourage her that it hurts others and it makes them sad as well as you. it's probably because of both things, the changing with her sister coming and being frustrated and not able to communicate it through words or not knowing how to communicate it.
love you and missing you guys!!
Post a Comment