Here is a poem I had to write for a class:
I’m from the salty waves of the east
Where the roads are cut through rock
And the cities are big.
From a sister and a brother
Who were always companions in new places,
When I knew no one.
From dolls and crafts to
Climbing and catching frogs-
Then falling into the river.
From family dinners on holidays
After a long long drive through
A foreign land and high hills.
From private school and public school
Were the only difference was prayer and size.
From authors like Rhoal Dahl with his peaches
to Nicholas Sparks with his oceans.
From snack trays and MacGyver
To take out and trading spaces.
From beliefs taught with flannel graph
to beliefs found from searching
From a cozy lake front home
To a third floor apartment
When the job transfer came.
From roses and songs and late
Night talks with the one
I’ll soon be with.
I’m from everyone and everything
That’s been in my life.
3 comments:
I loved your poem.
It actually made me a little teary-eyed!
Good job! =)
I loved it too! I got a little teary eyed too!
I felt like someone had written a poem about my life, but then, I guess we've shared our lives so much. That's why I consider you my best (girl) friend.
Nicole,
Loved your poem, Its weird to see your life (and also mine) in a poem, brought back many memories and made me smile. Thanks.
your Borther.
Post a Comment